When I realized it was a leap year I felt like doing something a little special - and I realized at the same time I am the queen of the "90% Club". I get about 90% of many projects done and never finish them - just done enough that is to function. I'll be posting reminders (as I remember) on instagram @nlrsoaps and on my Facebook page
So what does 2016 have in store in terms of my own personal Leaps? Well I was thinking somewhere along the lines of this:
- January - Leap into Bubble Bars - I have had many requests for bubble bars and bath fizzies and while I've made a few and done some test runs they just haven't held my attention like the soap has ( I LOVE making soap but not always the other products as much) so January I will be leaping into that commitment.
- February - Leap into Fresh Booth Set Up - I've got this thing about reworking the booth for craft shows and keeping the set up simple yet fresh every year so this year I will be rebuilding and redesigning several elements
- March - Leap into Cheesy Goodness - I don't make cheese products for resale BUT I do make them for the house and by March there will be plenty of milk to go around so I will be expanding my cheese making skills this year....because edible yummies are just as much fun as soap sometimes!
- April - Leap into the Garden - Prayers said HOPEFULLY this year will not be so dang wet and rainy that I won't be able to get outside and get to gardening! April is set aside for some fun outdoorsy projects because a girl needs to get her hands a little dirty from time to time in order to test her soaps right?
- May - Leap into Masculine Type Products - I have had requests for man type goodies (and made a few in small batches) but I really want to add a decent line up of male skin care before Father's Day arrives so I'll probably cheat and start on this one early.....
- June - Leap into TRAVEL! - Fingers crossed, I REALLY want to get away and visit with my West Coast Peeps....ain't been there literally in YEARS! So maybe, just MAYBE I will dare to be gone for a while...we will see.....
- July - Leap into CHRISTMAS! - Every year I start planning Christmas season for the soap in the summer and every year I fall behind and end up scrambling a bit. This year I REALLY want to stick with it haha!
- August - Leap into Organization - I keep a fairly
tidycluttered house during Christmas season mostly because I drop the ball on my organization, this year I hope to tackle that sooner and not let go.
- September - Leap into Balms and Butters - this year I want to add a good line up of body butters and balms with natural type aspects, I've done it in the past and dropped the ball so I would like to take the calmer month of September, once I am ahead on soap that is, and fiddle around with that some.
- October - Leap of Faith - by October show season is really starting to roll along and I tend to forget to take a little time for me and Jesus....you know, quiet reflective, calm down and slow your roll time? So October I will be sure to stop and breath.....I need to remember to do that!
- November and December......due to Christmas Season I'm not sure 100% that I'll be able to remember anything....so Leaping into my blogging maybe? Or leaping my rear to the post office in a timely fashion with orders? Not sure....I'll tackle that when I get there haha!