Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Special Soap...

If you see that picture, and you can see through my impressionistic manner of soaping, then you may or may not get it....I hope you do get it...no matter what you feel or believe...

That my dearies is lemon verbena scented goat milk soap...a TEENY batch...it was a test run of sorts.  If (and I bet I will) I make this design again, then I will do proper imbeds so it looks more like this:

Do you get it now?  I hope so...because here is the thing...

I don't care who you are, where you came from, or what you do with yourself - as long as you treat me well and kindly I will do so in return.  This was my "soapy way" of showing that I don't care who wants to marry who...actually if you ask me, I think allowing gay marriage would be grand for the soap makers of this country.  Just think of how many more wedding favors we could make and sell out of soap if we added a whole new demographic to the wedding scene ya'll! Plus then you add in how costly weddings are anyways and the boost THAT would bring to the economy in general - sure, it's a small one, but every little bit helps these days right? I just don't see any reason why the government should say who can and can't get married...and I choose to show it in soap.

While we are at it, let's be honest.  First of all - there's that whole "separation of church and state bit" - remember learning about that?  Church stuff and government stuff are not supposed to be mingled...okay...So THEN we take the whole "marriage thing" and make it totally a government thing! No really, they took a good deal of the "church" part out of weddings when they required licenses to do so (gotta pay someone down at the courthouse to get it), made filing your taxes different if you are married, and then look at divorces which are SO a big huge money maker for the local government with how costly they are in court fees and such....

Sure, any church still has the right to say what is acceptable in their beliefs and all and any church can choose not to recognize something for whatever reason - there in comes the freedom of speech part I suppose.  But, in my eyes, as far as the government goes they don't have the right to deny same sex couples getting married because the ONLY thing have to quote is religious text and and that isn't right because it goes right back to the first part - separation of church and state - can't use religious stuff as an argument when you work for the state if you are supposed to keep the two separate....there are just WAY too many differing variations and such in each religion and each version of the Bible and what not...

If all people are created equal and all people truly have equal rights, then let whoever marry whomever and rake in the cash from it ya'll!  There WILL be money to be made I promise you!  Think of all the fees collected on marriage licenses, think of all the fees collected on divorces later, and think of all the wedding stuff us handcrafters and small business people can sell!

Also...while they're at it...let's see about getting me a second wife in here to do the dishes and the laundry so I can spend all my time riding horses, making soap, and hanging out with the goats...well...I dunno...maybe... :) Love or hate my point of view, you have to admit the bottom line is there is a potential for all of us to make a little $$$ with this one if it passes ever - so don't be so judgmental on what's right and wrong...start seeing how it COULD be right for you and you may just change your mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment